Recently, upper back pain has become a common complaint since an increasing number of people spend the better part of the day sitting in front of a workstation or leaning against their desks for several hours at a stretch. Here in this article you will read more discussion about Chiropractor Denver Colorado for upper back pain. However, these are not the only reasons for upper back pain. Below, you can find several causes of upper back pain –as well as their treatments.
Apart from being a continuous source of distress, pain in the upper back renders you unproductive, sedentary and extremely irritable. The pain affects your daily activities. Usually, upper back pain starts with the lower neck up and creeps up to the mid part of the back. That is why upper back pain is sometimes also referred to as middle back pain. It makes you so miserable that you cannot even perform your regular activities. The pain can also result in missing workdays at your office.
How Does upper back pain Feel?
Upper back pain can be tolerable or intolerably severe - often the pain can affect our daily task performance. Sometimes, it comes with pain in the neck or shoulders. Upper back pain ranges from local to radiating pain, irritation and pain with any upper body movement, weakness and aching in the arms. This also results in early morning stiffness of the affected region.
Most Common Causes of Upper Back Pain
- Trauma to the muscles and bones or any kind of sudden injury to the upper part of the body.
- Abnormal alignment of the head and shoulders coupled with incorrect positioning of the joints leads to the disintegration of the joints, muscles, ligaments and sometimes, even discs. (see google sites) This dysfunction in posture is caused by imbalance in the muscles. Simply put, an imbalance in muscles happens when you have strained muscles in a particular part of your back while the opposing weak muscles are stretched out of their usual position. This is the main cause of all types of back pain.
Some other common causes
- Lifting or Bending
- Large breasts in especially endows women
- Disease of the Spinal disc
- Spinal disc Rupture
- Heart disease
- Disparity of your joints and muscles brought about due to wrong posture and exhausting daily routines.
- Muscles weaken due to advanced age and hard manual work.
- With the passage of time, the spine undergoes wear and tear which causes it to deteriorate and weaken.
- Sedentary lifestyle resulting in unused joints.
- Upper back pain can occur as a direct result of the weakening of the spine. When the lower back damaged, the upper back is automatically affected.
Common Treatments for the upper back pain
Generally, the treatments of the upper back pain are meant to treat the symptoms of the pain rather than its root cause. This renders it quite difficult to achieve a permanent cure for upper back pain. That is why these treatments often fail.
One of these treatments include medication for relaxing muscles, NSAIDs or anti inflammatory drugs and injections. Some other treatments for upper back pain involve therapies, exercises and surgery, which is always the last option.
Some Prevention for Upper Back Pain Relief
How you respond to upper back pain depends on your perception of the pain itself. Usually, the most common mistake people make while dealing with upper back pain is that they get confused about its exact location and the span of time for which it will continue. The sufferer has no clear idea where the pain originated, how long it will last, and the exact intensity of the pain. We should always keep in mind that the pain itself is only a subjective sign that may vary from person to person. This brings us to the conclusion that the best treatment for the upper back pain is to know its causes. The best way of achieving relief from the upper back pain is to know the causes of the pain and treating them accordingly.
Tips To Relief from Upper back pain
Treatment is different for all the different causes of upper back pain mentioned above, and can be dealt with accordingly:
If you suddenly feel the pain in your upper back, the best thing to do is to take a rest. Your body craves rest after a long day of work. Lie down and relax your back muscles for a while. At work, keep changing your posture at regular intervals. Overworking your back muscles is very dangerous and can cause injury and strain to your back.
Treating the actual cause of the problem is always the permanent cure to any problem. Muscle imbalances are one of the causes for the upper body pain. The most effective way of treating this problem is to correct these imbalances in the muscles.
Chiropractor Denver Colorado for Upper Back Pain
The good news is Chiropractor Denver Colorado and Rehabilitation Center can help! If you have, or know someone who has upper back pain, don’t hesitate to call our office Denver Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center to schedule an evaluation today! We have successfully treated patients with upper back pain through gentle therapeutic procedures.